For all family matters,
Problems which arise over children are almost always difficult and emotional. In having four very experienced solicitors who specialise in this area of law, we are able to offer a wide range of experience and knowledge.
We act for children (either directly or through their Court appointed children’s Guardian) and for parents and other relatives in a whole range of proceedings :
- Disputes between parents as to where a child will live on the break-up of a relationship.
- Disputes between parents and/or other significant adults (eg grandparents) as to what contact there should be between the child and any other particular person.
- Care proceedings where Social Services believe that there are problems with the way the children are being brought up and are therefore asking the Court’s permission to remove them from their parents.
- Applications to Discharge Care Orders.
- Applications for contact to children in care.
- Applications for Special Guardianship Orders.
- Applications to Adopt Children. This is an area which is changing dramatically on 30 December 2005.
- Fostering of Children.
- Child Abduction.
- Problems arising over children being moved out the country whether permanently or temporarily.
- Child Support Agency